Friday, May 09, 2008

"these incomplete times"

I can across this line yesterday in Les Mes. It said something like these are the symptoms of "the incomplete times we find ourselves in." I thought this was a great line describing the life we lead this side of the resurrection but still waiting for the return...an incomplete time when we know what things should be like and we are waiting for them to be completed.
I then came "home" to find out that the issues in Lebanon have finally come to a head. There is fighting and my favorite part of town is once again the dividing line between the 2 factions- my favorite street where I spent many a day at Starbucks is now in opposition control.
For some reason, the issues in Lebanon continue to break my heart more and more. I wept this morning as I watched coverage of a Lebanese mom and her child trying to avoid gunfire. The kid smiled when he saw the camera and started goofing off- only to be interrupted by terrible gunfire and he began to scream, totally petrified. his mother was weeping...knowing that the protection she wanted to offer her child was really just an allusion in this kind of conflict.
And today, all I can think is...these incomplete times, these incomplete times....come complete them Jesus!

No comments: