Friday, April 18, 2008

Karaoke

On Thursdays here in Amman, we have Karaoke at a local restaurant. It is a fun night of arabic music, dancing and fun! It is normally packed out- tables full of college aged boys, college aged girls- all dressed to kill. They then proceed to fight the feedback from the speakers as they sing. It is quite the adventure! We sat there and sipped our drinks (I had a killer Lemonade and Mint! They have the best in town!) as we listened to the habibiis (the Arabic version of honey) blast over the sound system. I wanted to sing...but I couldn't decide on a song. It was a toss up between "Country Road" by John Denver and the all time classic "We are the World" :) I was waiting for someone to pick an English song (I didn't want to usurp the evening with my English song) and no one seemed interested in singing anything but "Habibii!" We sat and waited, laughed at the dancing and people trying to sing...it was fun!
It is always fun to have new things to do- and karaoke at Del Silva is a winner in Amman!

No comments: