Friday, March 14, 2008

ice cream party

This week has been really busy- but we did manage to pull off an ice cream party- all homemade of course! (thanks to L and her ice cream maker!) We had coffee, vanilla, mint chocolate and chocolate- and of course the mystery flavor....red beans and rice! We had about 30 or so people come- an eclectic group of families and singles, Americans, Canadians, Jordanians and even an Iraqi :) It was lots of fun and I look forward to being able to do it again!
I have been really busy with school, helping in the Kindergarten and just trying to get my homework done. I have enjoyed some lovely weather with a few good walks...but the weather has turned cold and might even freeze tonight!
I have been trying to get my housing sorted out for the next few months- but good news! I got into the school I want to go to next year! It is a great opportunity to study at a first class school here in Amman...and hopefully will take my Arabic to a new level!
I am taking some time to rest this weekend- and might go on a visa run in the next few weeks (I have friends going to Damascus and Beirut) and I might tag along....if I do, I promise some pictures!

2 comments:

Travis said...

Audrey says "oooh, I like that flavor (red beans and rice) I want to eat that, but you didn't buy that kind Mommy. You have to get it next time!

Travis said...

Isaac wants to know if you will make "naaa-daa-daa-ba" kind for his first birthday.