Wednesday, September 26, 2007

scattered

the last few days have been scattered. I run to school, then run to the British Council to hang out and study, then I run back home, to tutor or be tutored, and then by time I know what time it is- it is too late to "do" anything and time to get ready for school the next day and go to bed.
Today I spent about 8 hours "in Arabic" (meaning that I have spent the day in class, studying or speaking Arabic!) I chatted with 2 different girls today in pigeon Arabic for almost an hour...and then I went to tutoring and spent another hour in pigeon Arabic. All of that was after 4 hours of class and 2 hours of studying because I have a test tomorrow!!!!!!!
I was able to tell a girl about my peace studies idea (which is REALLY hard in pigeon Arabic if you have never tried it!) And it was cool to see her response. This was the first Islamic Arab that I have told of my idea- so I wasn't very confident of her response. She was floored. She had no idea why I would want to spend my life helping the region. She said "you must love my people very much to want to do this." I almost started crying. One, because she understands how hard it will be to get "community" to take place here and she is glad that I want to try. And two, because I know that I don't love the people as much as I love my idea most of the time.
I am pretty wiped out- but happy that I have found things to fill the long days of Ramadan.

No comments: