Monday, September 24, 2007

salvation is free (for us)

Today has been a good day- where most of the day I have been able to remind myself "I am not saved by my....arabic, friends, house, cultural understanding, fun-ness, kaza kaza kaza"
i was listening to a song today that kept proclaiming "salvation is free" and I first thought- no it's not! Jesus paid for our salvation- a VERY high price!!! But then I thought, wait- it was free for me! All I had to do was believe, all I have to do is believe- and salvation, redemption, is mine!!! Nothing I do earns it, nothing I can do can make it better (or worse) and nothing I can do can make me lose it.....it is free for me!
That is what grace is- free.
It has been a day where I have enjoyed basking in that. As I was studying today, I saw the most incredible clouds reflecting on the glass table. It was so much fun to watch the sky pass by around my arabic book! Tonight, as the sun was setting, the houses were simply brilliant as they radiated the setting sun. The moon was out and the clouds turned purple. The wind was barely moving, just enough to feel it surround you. I wished I had my camera- but was glad that I could just enjoy it. I was glad that I was able to enjoy the "free" show- and that for at least a few minutes I understood the joy of knowing the Giver of all good gifts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your blogs, they speak so much truth and hit me where I need it. I also wanted to know If I should try to the new shane and shane CD to you by mail or through mom?
I am longing for His return with you

Gilbert said...

Kt I found these words off the new shane and shane Cd!- awesome song-Embracing accusation

"Father of lies, coming to steal kill and destroy
All my hopes of being good enough
I hear him saying, “cursed are the ones who can’t abide”

He’s right, hallelujah, he’s right
The devil is preaching the song of the redeemed
That I am cursed and gone astray
I cannot gain salvation
Embracing accusation

Could the father of lies be telling the truth of
God to me tonight?
That if the penalty of sin is death, then death is mine
I hear him saying, “cursed are the ones who can’t abide”

The devil’s singing over me an age old song
That I am cursed and gone astray
Singing the first verse so conveniently over me
He’s forgotten the refrain.
JESUS SAVES!!!"