Monday, September 03, 2007

new house

Ok- so I put up some pictures of the new house- it is great! The only problem is that taxis have NO clue where it is - and the taxi guy tried to cheat me....things like that are so frustrating!!!! I can't explain to you how frustrating it is to be standing at your curb with 3 huge bags of things for your new house and be told that the taxi ride that should have cost somewhere between 75 cents to 1 dollar "really" costs 7 bucks!!!!! And all you can do is get out and say - no, here is the money that the meter says I owe you. And the taxi driver is screaming at you and you are walking away. MAN that is frustrating!!!
I hope that as the days go by I will be abe to better explain how to get to my house and avoid such situations.
I am really excited to be "unpacked" for the first time since I left Dallas. I have my bedroom in order and I love my house. It will be fun to have the place to myself for a while- and then a friend will join me in Jan.
I have an incredible garden area- so I am throwing myself a "housing warming" party on Thursday- complete with homemade icecream (L has a ice cream freezer that I will be using!- L saves the day - again!)
So, I have a ton of homework and I have been "moving in" all day and haven't even looked at it- so I must go....check out the pictures of the new house, sorry there are no yard pictures- it was too dark, I will try to get them tomorrow!

No comments: