Sunday, September 02, 2007

friends

I have been hanging out with some really fun people lately- there is "Dutch Boy" who is here studying Arabic with me. He is funny and completely random sometimes (like when he got us invited out with a "Salsa Dancing for Peace" couple because he plays the organ!) but is fun and has lots of space for people who are different from him.
Then there is the "Freakishly tall Filipino" who is 19 and fresh into life. She is lots of fun, but young and full of questions. The great thing is that she likes to be with people, so I have someone to play with.
There is "Northy" and "Cali" who are here getting college credit. Northy is only 20 but Cali is older and has been in the military, I think, and has lived in the Middle East for over a year. He is in my class and has incredible Arabic (so, that means that I have to fight back the instinct to compete with him all the time!) These guys are really cool and have been fun to get to know.
of course there is L, the best and most gracious girl in Jordan who has allowed me to crash at her place for 3 weeks....
I move into "my" place tomorrow- trying to decide what to call it...I think I should name it so that I can have fun conversations about the fun that happens...so if you have any suggestions, let me know!
I will write more tomorrow, and maybe even post some pictures of the "bayt jidiid" (new house) so everyone can see!

No comments: