Monday, September 10, 2007

great day

I had a really fun day. First, class was great fun because we played a review game (because our first test is on Wed.) and it was jeobardy (that is Jeopardy- there is no "p" sound in Arabic, so we had to change the name!) It was really fun, and I learned a lot and was able to mesh things together. Then, after class I went and got my visa renewed. God as s cool and provided and Iraqi woman who spoke english who was there to help me fill out the forms (all in Arabic) and to deal with the policemen and there questions (that I didn't always understand). It was cool to be standing there with someone who has mixed feeling about my country, and asking for help. it was great to see her give and give to me, with no questions asked! It was a neat picture!
Then, I went to the grocery store (Ramadan is coming up, so I will have to eat at home all the time) and then we had a last "hooray!" before Ramadan and went to Fudruckers for lunch.
Then, hang out at the house with FTF (who has become a dear friend. we have hung out a ton lately, she even spent the night last night. I have really enjoyed talking to her, getting to know her, and watching her fit and settle into life here. I am really glad that God has provided her friendship!)
Then we went to the mall and hung out with 3 Sudanese ladies, one Sudanese man and an Egyptian lady that all go to a local seminary. It was fun, and they laughed at my Arabic (I was tired and making silly mistakes- it was truly funny!) Now, I am at home. I have a lot of studying to do, a long day of class tomorrow- and then a test to get ready for!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey you! it was nice to get a comment from you. we have been way too busy to update but really need to do it. i read some of your posts and i have to say that i think you are one of the coolest people i've ever met. you don't need to want to be a servant b/c you already have the heart of one. yet, even Jesus no longer calls us servants, but friends. if He says that, then how much more are we free to be friends to our friends? free yourself from the need to serve and start just being friends with others. i know you want to make everyone feel comfortable and at home and that is a true gift from God. however, ask Jesus to show you another way to be friends with others for a while. maybe you need to give others the opportunity to take care of you for a change. also, no matter where you are-- there is probably going to be someone out there who is friendlier, better at serving, better at language, more organized, smarter, prettier, richer, etc... so just be happy with whom God made you to be--peace lover and all! (blessed are the peace makers!)

amy (umm isaiah and isaac)