Tuesday, August 21, 2007

school starts tomorrow

you could feel it in the air- the last gasps of freedom, the last digs into laziness, the last of the "free time" being spent....because school starts tomorrow- and with it comes confusion, homework, time gone out of the day, a schedule that can't be manipulated....grown-up life :)
So, today we got up and did things around the house to get ready for tomorrow (washed clothes, organized things, etc.) and then took off to our version of Walmart to get some things. We stopped for lunch and I had the best Middle Eastern meal yet! It was some yummy shish tawouk and hummus!!! You will have to come try it!
When we got back I tackled the finances to make sure that I have logged the money I have spent, and haven't lost anything in the new exchange rate. (it is weird living in a place that has currency worth more than the US dollar...it makes me feel like I am spending way more than I am!) Then, I called home (had to deal with finance stuff in the states- I have a great Mom who does so much of that for me!!!!)
We made fajitas and had a friend over...and then drank every last drop of "no homework" as we watched tv. Now, I am trying to be tired - I know that I have to wake up @ 6:30 tomorrow morning- but I am still on "stay up late and sleep 'till 9 or...." schedule, so sleeping will be hard.
I am excited and scared about school- I am excited because I have wanted to do this for 4 years now! But scared because I am not sure I can do it well- and I hate to fail :) especially at something I want badly! It is such a scary thing to test your identity like this - laying it all on the line, knowing that no matter what (success or failure) it won't change anything! And really trying to live like that! tonight the song in my head (and on my ipod on repeat as I try to fall asleep) - "if I stand, let me stand on the promise that you will pull me through- and if I can't, let me fall on the grace that first brought me to You."
so, I sleep tonight in great anticipation.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kt, proud of you. I read the last few blogs to the boys and as I read it Mason said... "yep she loves to sleep in". I am not sure what that means because he slept in to 10 am today? I think it is just a fun memery he has of yall sleeping in together?
As I read this blog I heard a "beep" out of Zeke when I read the word "hate". It would of mad you smile.
Just thinking about you and miss you tons
Love you

Anonymous said...

Kt, proud of you. I read the last few blogs to the boys and as I read it Mason said... "yep she loves to sleep in". I am not sure what that means because he slept in to 10 am today? I think it is just a fun memory he has of yall sleeping in together?
As I read this blog I heard a "beep" out of Zeke when I read the word "hate". It would of mad you smile.
Just thinking about you and miss you tons
Love you

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you and know that you will do very well. Your heart will give fuel to your head and I am sure the language will soon begin to flow.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you as you finally start the school. You will do well. Your heart will empower your head and the language will soon begin to flow.