Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Officially a student -- again!

I had school today. it was great fun! I learned a lot, wasn't the dumbest in class :) and met some people.
I have three classes a day. The first is at 8:10. Then at 9:20 we have a 10 min. break until our next class begins. Then after the hour class we have a 30 min break at 10:30-11:00. We have tea and nescafe (instant coffee), hummus, bread, tomatoes, etc. Then we have our last class until 12.
I have 9 people in my class. 3 women, and 6 men. They are from all over- 3 from Korea, one from Mexico, then the rest of us (5) are from all over the states- Chicago, Iowa, Ohio, Arizona and me!!!
So, it is a varied group.
I "got into" the all arabic class- a.k.a little to no english explanations. I don't think there was a big rush to get into the class. It was designed for people who don't speak english...but we got in because it wasn't full.
I am really glad- it is a great class and I came home with 50 vocabulary words to learn by tomorrow! So, the pace is fast and won't let me get bored!!!!
So, after class, I went to the "british council." I am not really sure what it is, but it is close to school and it has a great "garden area." I got a drink for 5o cents and got to sit under some trees and look at my vocabulary. L (the lady I am staying with) got out of class at 1 and then we went to lunch. After lunch, I came home and crashed (my stomach has been acting up and I wanted a nap!) Then after a bit of rest, I got up and hit the vocab! So, I think I am almost ready for class tomorrow, so I will watch a bit of TV with L and then go to sleep!
Tomorrow up at 6:30 so that I can catch a taxi and make it to class on time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey katy!
I really like your blogspot! I looked through all your pictures and they are cool.
Sounds like you hit the ground running with 50 vocab words right off the bat. Jes and Jen started school yesterday as well. they both had good days.
i'm looking forward to keeping up with your adventure through your blogspot.
sheri