Thursday, August 23, 2007

overwhelmed

I am a bit overwhelmed- but not in the "ordinary" way. I went to class today and it was HOT (did I mention that there is no A/C in the class rooms, so we have 10 people crammed into a small room with only one fan...so on hot days, it is HOT!) And because I had not been feeling well, I hadn't really been eating...so the energy was low.
We had a great class, with great teachers- and I have about 2 notebook pages of vocab to learn! Good thing I don't have class tomorrow!
Then I came home and took a short nap- and had to run out to a meeting of people without a company. I wasn't looking forward to it- and I had to bring desert, which I was seeing as another headache. I got up from my nap and L had made brownies for me to take!!!! I was blown away- she has been so giving and it seems to never stop!
Then, at the meeting I met some really cool people. We got into small groups and chatted, and then we sang worship songs. It was so much fun to sing with people from all over the world (Korea, Cananda, Mexico, Switzerland, the Carribean and US!!!) We sang and then one of our Mexican brothers prayed. He just said how thankful he was....and I started crying. I was overwhelmed by the grace that brought me here. The grace that allowed me to get through the day (hot and stomach issues aren't a good combination....and when I got to school today I found out that there is a Salmonella outbreak here in the kingdom...not fun news when you have been having issues!) But I was just overwhelmed by the grace of our God- when He takes us places I never dreamed!!!!
Then, we had supper- and we laughed and laughed. We (a couple of Americans, the Canadian and a few others) were ranking "all- time best male movies star" and apparently the guys think that Gene Kelly is above Denzel Washington...and John Wayne won the number one spot!!!! So, lots of laughs there. It was great!
It has been a long time since I ave just hung out with new friends and laughed that much- it was great! Another evidence of God's amazing grace!
I can't say it enough how incredible I feel that I have been given this opportunity: that people have decided to give me money so I can study, that J has given me a hope that is beyond amazing= that all things will be made right! And that in the mean time, He has allowed me to be apart of His family telling others of the incredible grace given to us!!!!
Thank you seems so weak!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its so fun to watch you grow and I know you are happier there than in the states! Thats a good thing. some ?'s... A. do you read theses comments?
B. how is the Money going?
C. Do you know how proud we are of you?
Love you- JGMZ

Erin"Green" Gilbert said...

wow, I am so glad you are there enjoying the people around you and your classes. We love you so much and are so proud of you.