Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ah the Middle East

It is great to be back in the Middle East. As I walk down the street to get a taxi, I am greeted with the fragrance of Jasmine floating through the air. The music in all the taxis makes me smile and think about all the dancing that would be taking place if we were at a party. The streets are lined with palm trees, the white marble/concrete/stone buildings are now brown with the dust that covers everything here. And of course, the stares- everyone looking to see who this crazy white girl is. (this will take some getting used to-but I know that I will.)
I have already used more arabic than I ever had to use in either the Emirates of Beirut- so, I am pretty sure I will be able to learn Arabic here in Amman.
There is still a lot up in the air, no official housing, the school schedule might be changing- but overall the details have fallen into place- so i am sure those will too.
I am still in "exhaustion mode" - I don't know if it is the Jet lag or the 4 mile run/walk I did last night - but I can barely think this morning....

1 comment:

Gloria Furman said...

we are so coming to visit you!! just you wait and see. maybe we'll stay in your commune for a little while :)