Monday, August 13, 2007

I am here

No wordy blog today, no pontificating about the world's problems- just a note to say that I am in Jordan. I really like Amman so far- it is a great city. I went and ran around with my great friend and tour guide Lynne- we went and got a cell phone line, a cell phone, some lunch, found out where the grocery store is, etc. On the way back from the mall, there was this pile of rags that caught my eye. When I looked, I realized that it was some sort of shelter, and that there were about 5 more. The people were not around, but there horses were. I wanted to stop the taxi and run down the hill- but I couldn't. I knew that after a few minutes we wouldn't understand each other- and then, I remembered that I was here to learn Arabic...and I can't wait for classes to begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Katy;
good to know you've arrived to the place that's close to your heart.
thank you for that moment of sanity with the shared meal and sheesha (sp).
i've perused photos and blogs and do believe your God adventure will bring you much excitement.
i look forward to reading more of your life encounters there at the center of the world.