Sunday, January 28, 2007

what is my passion

I was reading today for class and the author asked "what is your passion?" and amazingly he was expecting a "I do..." answer. He is a Christian- that's why I say amazingly. Isn't it easy to think that what we do is what drives us? what makes us who we are? dare I say, redeems us? I have been walking around all day today saying "the way I live doesn't redeem me." I saw a guy trying to parallel park (doing a horrible job) and I thought "I can do better than that" - and then immediately "the way I live doesn't redeem me." It was like a smack- no comparison, no accomplishment, no goals set or failed - I am not redeemed by the way I live. I am redeemed by the cross of Jesus Christ - His death and resurrection and promise of return - His gift of the Holy Spirit that allows me to commune with the Father - this is my redemption and NOTHING else.
so- what is my passion? to really believe and live as if that is true!

No comments: