Thursday, October 23, 2008

good bye

I hate goodbyes - they are like ripping out a piece of your heart and then trying to wrap it all nice and neat so that someone can carry it to their new home. I feel like this year has been a year of goodbyes- Dutch Boy, Freek Boy, FTP, and now Gee- it is great that I now have friends all over America and in the Middle east and soon, England- but it is really no fun to have to say goodbye.
All day today I have had the line in the song "after the last goodbye" with the idea that there will be a day when I won't have to say goodbye any more. On that day we will live as one family around the Throne of God- and there will be no more goodbyes or separation of any kind! May this be my last Goodbye- come Lord Jesus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katy,

Hi, its me Ashraf
I have been in many situations where I had to say goodbye to people I cared for and I was wondering at those times if I will ever see them again. I was telling myself once, it was unfair that god puts those amazing people in my path then he takes them away. But I realized it is his intention to do so because each one of them has a piece of my heart, and has in some way or another helped me grow spiritually just by observing them serving the LORD. I am grateful to all these opportunities to meet people who have spent a lot of money and given their time and effort to come to Jordan and be witnesses to the glory of god. This has increased my spiritual appetite and indeed I feel the privilege.

hope to see you sometime..
take care
ashraf1978@yahoo.com
0799954599