Friday, September 05, 2008

almost funny story

so I have this friend, we will call him Jee, cause he is a refugee. He is here with his mom and sister (who has down syndrome) and they are waiting for the UN to give them the go ahead to leave (hopefully they will be resettling in the UK so they can be closer to other family members and friends that have been resettled in Europe- but if not, then they are headed to the US.
Anyway.....
He has decided that if he is going to move to England he needs to have an English accent (his english is REALLY good, but he speaks with an "american dialect" as he calls it!) So, the other day he asked me to talk like a Brit and I told him that all you have to do is keep your upper lip still when you are talking. Well, last night he brought this up again. He was telling me that as a Arab it is impossible to keep your lips still while talking. "Even if I hold it completely still...." he said while grabbing his face and pulling it tight back towards his ears- "I can't do it!"
it was HYSTERICAL :)
Oh, the drama!

1 comment:

Travis said...

I can only imagine! Hey, tell him if he doesn't get to go to the UK to ask to come here or Boise and your family will take care of him. We (meaning my family this time) have a family coming on the 22nd!