Friday, April 25, 2008

Good Friday

It is Good Friday here in Jordan. We celebrate the Eastern Orthodox Easter so we are just now finishing our 40 days of lent and counting down the days to the celebration of the resurrection.
I have been mulling the idea of this day around in my head for a while- all that happened on this day, all the pain and hurt that our Saviour endured...all the hope that was purchased on the Cross. I have been thinking today about the hope of the resurrection....how as I wait for the return of Christ I am waiting for the completion of redemption- when creation will be redeemed, when Death will be defeated, when Love will reign and all will be on earth as it is in Heaven.
I don't know if this year Good Friday has a new sting because this year I have experienced the pain of death (with Rob and Grandma) or if I am just growing up and seeing more of the effects of sin in the world (and in me, unfortunately) but I am aching today for His return....
It is weird because embedded in that ache is a joy unspeakable and a breath-taking pain...it is the reality of my sin and need for His return to allow me to worship Him without sin. It is the hope that one day I will see Him who bought my redemption with His blood.
It is in this emotionally mixed ache that I wait today...focusing on His return- may it come now!

1 comment:

Travis said...

Hey Katie, T here. I just did some research on Saeb Erekat and he got a PhD in Peace Studies from Bradford University. Cool!