Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dana Reserve

there is this nature reserve in Jordan. It contains four separate ecosystems (high desert, low desert, spring fed green mountains and the "river" bed that runs between these) It is full of rocky, craggy mountains and is beautiful! One of my good friends here (a canadian!) Offered to take me and I jumped at the opportunity to spend 2 days outside! We arrived to this breathtaking view of rocks, trees, flowers- it was amazing. There was a group from France there the first night so we had quite the adventure as we chatted in Arabic and my friend in french- at one point we were sitting around the camp fire drinking tea and one of the guides came up and started chatting with us. She was from Lebanon and we were speaking in Arabic. She then turned and spoke in french and told some of the french group that we were learning arabic. She explained that we made some mistakes but that it was really "cute" and that she was really impressed! It was fun to get the translation from C that night :) It made us feel like we were gaining in Arabic!
It was a great weekend and I will post pictures soon- - I hope :)

No comments: