Monday, November 05, 2007

life

so, I have been living.....it seems that is taking all of my time now :)
I have been studying- had a test today and will have another test in a week or so. I have been running around looking for a particular Arabic book here in Amman. I have been watching Arabic films, trying to dive into the culture :)
I have quit tutoring, but now I am looking for other ways to engage with people here. So, I have to go back out and try to volunteer route, the "job" search or other ways to consistently be involved with people and practice my language.
I do have a funny story though. We are memorizing Bible verses in class and last week's was "all Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, correction, reproof and training in righteousness." but when I was saying it in class I said "all Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, COOKING, reproof and training in righteousness." So, who knew that the Bible was good for cooking :)

No comments: