Monday, October 08, 2007

surprise

So, I go to school- really not looking forward to the day- Arabic is a bear that must be fought daily (and today i wasn't in the bear fighting mood) And then I saw it. I saw it, a package on the table. i thought- Could that be mine?
I walked over and saw my name clearly printed on the box. Immediately I began picking at the tape, trying to open it. Once I opened it, I saw walmart bags (oh, the little things you forget not being in the US) and then- wait for it, wait for it- DR. PEPPER!!!!
I got a package from home (dear friends sent it to me) and it made my day.
I spent the next few hours in class, then I went to the BC and showed off my package and chatted for a few hours. Then, off to tutoring and then home. I just sat down for a few minutes of rest - and then it is back to bear fighting....homework!!!!!
I am really looking forward to break- it will be nice to have a few days without obligations....I am beginning to see that I have a really hard time enjoying "obligations"- I can do it for a while, but then I just cave under the stress. I have to figure out a way to be grateful for the day, all of the activities in day- not just the things I want to do. I need to see the "tasks" of the day as "good gifts" as well as the movies, laughs and fun times that I have.
I am just not sure how to do that!

1 comment:

Travis said...

I am glad it arrived safely! I assure you that Jessica was just as exicted to send it to you as you were to receive it. And you can thank Brian for finding the little Dr. Peppers! Hope you have a great time in the Big B!
Ris