Tuesday, October 30, 2007

life as story

I have been thinking about my life as a story- as the things that I do everyday strung together to make "katy: her story" and I have been wondering if it might be a little boring. If it might need a bit more "direction" - I think I have an interesting "setting" and I am not sure what the plot is- but I am pretty sure that it could use a bit more structure, a bit more intent-
So, last night as I read about Jesus giving Himself over and over and over again- and how he "spiced" things up by saying "Which is easier, to forgive sins or say get up and walk?" - like there is a "duh" answer to that one- um...both are impossible Jesus :)
As He said this- and then stunned the crowd, the religious people and even the guy himself who came to be healed and then left with the promise of forgiveness.....I thought, this is the story I am joining. This is the story that has become my story!
So, I am trying to live the Story today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

crazy that I read that same verse today. Are you reading Luke? Thanks for putting a new perspective on life and Story. By the way- we love you and miss you
josh, Green and the Boys