Wednesday, October 24, 2007

great day

fighting Arabic has days that you seem to be slaughtered and death is right around the corner. And then other days, everything seems to be going right and you can chat for hours.
After a week of getting slapped around by the lovely language, I came out on top today. I have spent a lot of time studying (which always results in better Arabic days!) And today I held my own in an "all Arabic environment" for about 3 hours!!! It felt great! I like getting it right :)
I am really enjoying being back here - my trip to Beirut and Mom's visit seems to have put me in "my right mind" (if I have such a thing). I have been studying, talking, hanging out- and seem to have energy that I had forgotten (I think this means that I am through the first few waves of culture shock) I am reading the book of Luke and have been amazed at how fresh the story is this time around. I have seen Jesus stand up to thousands of mis-perceptions of who He is, what He should do, how He should do it- He came and lived (died, rose, and is coming again) - lived the Kingdom of God. He didn't get bogged down in trying to make sure everyone "got it" nor did He change the message to make it easier- He lived it. He proclaimed it- He explained it. No matter what.

No comments: