Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Don't Freak Out

But I actually bought a brush today. I know, for most of you that is no big deal. But I have not owned a brush in over 3 years- after all if your hair isn't longer than your fingers, there really is no need for a brush. But, at last, after much pain and suffering, my hair is actually long enough to need a brush. (But I use "need" very loosely here- my hair barely goes behind my ears, so I am not sure that it is able to get tangled!)
I have bee extremely busy- but tonight was a TON of fun. I think for the first time since I got here I felt like I was "home." I was invited to a party at the BC by some friends- there names are Jlo and Now (these of course are not their real names, but Jlo is always dressed to the nines and Now's real name sounds like the arabic word for now :) They are from Amman and are studying English- but most importantly they love to laugh, put up with my Arabic, and I get to see them almost everyday) We have become buddies and tonight I was able to hang out with them- and just them (and about 200 other people at the party!) But it was the first time that I was able to go to a party, not expecting to speak english, and I actually was able to participate in the conversation and fun. There was live music, so we all clapped and they sang along. We talked, laughed and just had a blast! I had to leave early because I have class tomorrow- but I didn't want to leave. (a first in an all arabic situation! So, I must be learning something at this school!) It was a great time and I think I feel more at home tonight than ever!
I have another incredibly busy day tomorrow- but I have a brush, so that will save me about 15 sec. in the getting ready :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katy,
sounds like you had a great time tonight.
gotta a question - how do you add pictures to your blog site. i finally have a blogspot but I don't know how to put pictures on it. you can email me @ sking@calvarynow.com. there's no hurry - just whenever you get a chance if you could tell me how to do it or where to go to find out how to do it, either way would be great.
talk to you soon, sheri

Travis said...

We are excited for you. I am glad that you have met these girls. I remember talking with a Swedish guy a long time ago about your school. He graduated from there, and he said what is your goal in studying Arabic? I said to speak Arabic. He said that is exactly what you will do at this school.
Good job. I am quitting painting, and will be working at the Hushpuppy store in the mall. Talk to you later.
T