Monday, October 01, 2007

busy

I am very busy this week- and I seem to get busier as the days go by. Today, I went to class (like I do almost everyday!) Then I went over to the BC and caught up with my friends. Then, I studied and went off to the Balad- the local "suuq" or almost a suuq. Then, I went and tutored some friends. After all of that , I came home. Then I made "the" meal of the day (Ramadan makes it hard to really eat during the day- so I had cashews, honey nut cheerios and dried fruit as snacks all day.) After my meal, I broke out the books- again. I had to catch up on the homework so that I will be "on task" tomorrow.
Tomorrow is actually worse- tutoring until 5:30 and then I just got a call and the "group" wants to come over. There is an "official" couple in the group now (Cali and Steps) and now they need "safe" places to hang out. This means that my house is even more enticing to them. So, they are probably going to be here tomorrow night.
Then, on Wednesday, I was invited to a party at the BC for Ramadan. This is great because it will be more time with my friends from there. But I am being tutored all afternoon, so Wednesday is going to be madness.
And then, finally the "weekend" will be here- and I have to go out for a friend's birthday.
So, I am pretty sure that I will be doing NOTHING on Friday ;) enjoying no plans and making sure I don't get any :)
Being this busy makes it hard to catch up on emails, blogs, phone calls, and such. But, I like being busy- especially during Ramadan when there is nothing else to do.
Ok- so, I am done for the night....think I might try to catch half a movie before I go to bed :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Katy! It's been forever since I've had a chance to catch up with your blog. how did you do on that last test? sounds like things are piling up and you are busier than ever, even during Ramadan.
I spoke about peer pressure in chapel this morning. i had a great time talking with the kids. we looked at aaron and the golden calf as giving into peer pressure and shadrach, mischach, and abendego as not giving into pressure. then I used a balloon and a basketball as examples of things that give in easily to pressure and things that don't. my challenge to them was to be more like the basketball so that they do not give into pressure as opposed to the balloon which gives in easily and pops at the slightest pressure. i used a lot of kids during the story and they did a great job. you never know what's going to happen when you bring kids up on the platform. the kid who tried to "pop" the basketball actually tried to jump on the basketball with both feet. thankfully i was standing right beside him and grabbed him before he fell. never a dull moment.
take care, we love ya and pray for you often, sheri