Monday, September 17, 2007

Hope

This weekend was amazing. I had a great time, learned a ton and it was great to get away for a while. I was reminded of how important it is to hope for the return of Christ. So often, I hope for a good day in class, for people to like me or for something fun to happen- and I forget that my hope is in Christ. When I was reminded of this, I seemed to find glimpses of hope everywhere! I saw it in the beauty of the sun, the breeze, the mountains, the flowers, nature all around me. I saw it in my thankful heart that began to swell with all that I have been given- I began to look for glimpses of hope everywhere.
I came home, went to tutoring and then had a party! Surprise, Surprise! This time it was about 4 Americans, an Egyptian lady and 3 Sudanese and a Canadian:) It was great. we had supper, sang songs in Arabic and English and then prayed together. It was a great picture of heaven...a meeting of brothers and sisters, very different and even speaking different languages- but all coming together to worship God!
I hope to post some pictures soon....so keep on the look out for them (I will upload them tonight, but some times it takes forever for them to get up!)

1 comment:

Gloria Furman said...

pictures! pictures! pictures! i demand pictures!