Tuesday, September 18, 2007

hard

It is hard to learn Arabic- apparently there are 80 different ways to make plurals, every verb has at least 7 forms- and in each of those forms, there are 9 different ways to say it - for esample "see" becomes: you-see, he-sees, she-sees, they-see, you-(girl)-sees, you-all-see, I-see-(man) and I-see-(girl) and we-see!!!!! And then of course there are the various "pronouns" that you can stick on the end of EVERYTHING and make it mean "I-see-you" "I-see-it" as one word. (etc. etc. etc. - or in Arabic, kaza, kaza, kaza!) ...so basically it is complex and hard.
It is enough to make a girl wonder why the heck she wanted to do this in the first place!
It is hard, I am trying to keep my head straight and laugh...but sometimes the endless amount of homework just gets at me!
Today we had a funny thing happen in class. We were practicing pronunciation and inevitably I hadto read a word that sounds JUST LIKE a cuss word in english. So, we all had a laugh and it was a good break!
I have another test this week- but I get out early on Thursday and no class on Sat. so I should be able to "catch up" and get ready to be behind on Monday!!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie, glad to see the progress. Deepa, Sanjana and i are doing fine. we miss u around here! - Ranjit

Anonymous said...

KT, in some ways you have always had your own words for everything anyway. Just hang in there! Feel some comfort and know that Zeke is also learning to read and write! Keep your head up and remember that a pussrat in Idaho is praying for you-

Travis said...

Just remember - if it will make for a good story at thanksgiving then why can't it be funny now! Just laugh, say "oh darkness" or "oh up" and then go to bed. It will still be there when you wake up!