Wednesday, September 05, 2007

can't make up my mind

One minute I am thinking that I wish the arabic school was in Beirut, or even Al Ain (because at least then I know my way around) and then I hear popping out side of my window and go out to my porch on a beautiful night and see an incredible display of fireworks- watch out D.C. Amman has some pretty cool stuff!! I love fireworks- the smoke, the sound, the "scary bits" that fall on the buildings, the display of color on the black sky- and they are just so unexpected. People here say I will get sick of them, but I can't imagine getting sick of something like Fireworks!!!
I am a little overwhelmed today- I have a TON of homework and no matter how ready I am for class, it always seems that I am behind. I mean, today I was already to go- and then within 20 min. of class we had 20 more words to learn, a new grammar rule and 3 new sentences to learn! So, I was behind before we even had our first break!!!
So, I am in the weeds- and realizing that even if I "master" all that I have so far, I will still be in the weeds tomorrow! And this is going to go on for the next......YIKES!!!! I guess I am going to have to get used to being slow and behind.
At least we are having fun in class, laughing a lot (you should see me try to roll my "r"!!! It is funny!!!)
So, overall it has been a good day...and tomorrow is my "house warming" party- so that should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey girl!
i enjoyed reading your blog about grace - we take so much for granted a lot of the time.
i hope your house warming party went well today - i'm sure ya'all laughed a lot. i would love to come over there and laugh with you!
we'll continue to pray for you,
sheri