Thursday, August 30, 2007

life

I feel as if I have settled into "life" here- but this will change next week when I move into "my" house. amazingly, I have been able to get out of bed at 6:55 every morning! I guess I really do want to learn arabic! :) I have gotten used to the homework, the mounds of vocabulary- and today, I got into a taxi and told him all about my family in the states, that I was moving soon and that I was staying with a friend here in Amman: all in Arabic! It took a lot of mistakes, a few misunderstandings- but I got it! So, I guess I am learning! I now know most of my colors and a lot of fruits and vegatables, but if I continue at this pace I think I will fry my brain!
I am finidng a few good friends- a few that I know I will really "click" with.
I am hoping for some people to practice language with- hopefully there will be children or families in my new neighborhood that are Jordanian and speak the same dialect that I am learning.
It has been fun to watch Ps. 23 take shape before my eyes- the Lord is my shepherd and so I lack nothing! Goodness and Mercy have been my shadows this week, I can see them in the endurance to study, the friends at school, the Dr. Pepper I found at the mall, the fan in my room keeping me cool right now, the emails from friends back home, my house, L's hospitality- I can see them everywhere.
well, I am tired because after a full day of class, I came home and hung out for a while and then went to supper with friends- then we went back to their place and played games. It is 11:30 pm and I have been up since 7- but I get to sleep in tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Proud of you! Miss you tons-
Love ya- JGMZ
can we call you?