Tuesday, August 28, 2007

housing

so, I have housing - free- for not only this year, but maybe for next as well! Yes- can you believe it!!! I went to the house and it is incredible!!! It has the coolest "garden" - a patio with fig trees and grape vines and other trees :) and then there is a huge kitchen, 2 bathrooms, two living areas, and 2 bedrooms- one for me and one for my room- mate that is coming in Jan.
so I am thrilled with it and move in maybe as soon as this weekend!!! I am really excited- it will be good to get "settled" (since I have been transitioning since May 1st!) there are stores within walking distance, a mcdonald's close by and if I can get across the really busy street I can walk to Applebee's and Fudruckers!!! So, it will be a great place to live and I am thrilled at the genoraosity of those involved that have allowed me this great place.....I can't seem to be thankful enough!!!
Also today I found out that I can be in the choir at a nearby church as they prepare for their Messiah concert :) how fun would that be, to sing Handel's Messiah here in Amman!!! :)
I am loving class- learning lots!!! I have about 60 words to memorize before tomorrow :) so I can't write much now....but I will try to really write something tomorrow.
I am really loving it here so far, made some great friends and loving learning more and more!
I will get pictures up soon- I haven't had time to really take any, I will try to fix that soon!

No comments: