Sunday, August 19, 2007

I hope they don't read this

I don't want to be mean, but I might come across as that in this blog- so sorry if you are one of the ones I am talking about. Today we went to arabic church- and it was great. I actually loved it better than international church. I will look for a church that beleives in practicing the eucharist more often, but if I can't find one of those- I will certainly be joining the one I visted today. Then we got in the car and took off to lunch- I am the youngest one of the bunch, and most of the girls I was with have been in the Middle East for a while- enough time to really hate it here.
I know that I am still enamoured with everything. I know that things will get on my nerves and that I will want things from the States- but it seems that some of these ladies have forgotten what it means to give grace. (mind you it is not all of them, and not all of the time) There seems to be negative comments, stabs at the culture and people, and longings for "home" way to much for my taste.
(we got in a conversation about socialized medicine- all of them against, me for- and it was really interesting)
But I realized that at times I feel odd when I am with them. I don't know if it is because some of them are negative, or if it is because I have a different perspective- but I am seeing the differences pop out and I just wonder.
Then, after lunch, we all went home- I got a "sunday afternoon nap" and then hung out with Lynne. It was great, we watched TV, ate home made pizza and chatted about life, all I have learned since the last time she saw me, all that she has learned, school, life here and dreams for the future. It was a great time and I am so glad that she has allowed me to stay with her- I will hate having to leave in a few weeks when I get my own place :) (not that I will be living by myself, but that I won't be a houseguest anymore and will have a place that is "mine" in some sense)
So, all in all it was a good day- fun to learn about myself, others and to just hang out with a good friend.

No comments: