Thursday, February 15, 2007

noise

what is the difference between noise and music? I am not sure - but a friend told me yesterday that it seems that there is a lot of noise in my life these days. Noise keeping me from focusing on one thing. Noise distracting me from the task at hand. Noise tricking me into thinking that I have a bigger task than faithfulness. Noise deceiving me into believing that I am to live for myself.
I don't know how to quiet the noise. I have a stack of books in my room at least 7 high that have to be read in 5 days. I have papers that need to be written. I have movies that need to be watched. I have "pleasure books" that need to be devoured. I have people I should hang out with. I have emails that need to be written. I have bills that need to be paid. I have grocery shopping to do, books to buy. I have a to do list that seems to grow and grow and grow. I am not sure what is to be done to quiet the noise.
But, I know that in this noise the dimensions of the kingdom seem to flatten out. It feels so one sided and blurry. It seems so impossible to live, much less fully. It seems that the future will never come, that today and the mundane lists of "to do" will never end.
Noise-

No comments: