Wednesday, November 05, 2008

hope

there is a lot being said about hope and change these days- as tears welled up in my eyes listening to the new African- American president talk of all that our country has been through, of all the people that have been overlooked that now feel like they are in the picture again, of all that this new presidential term brings - I was reminded of the power of hope. Not just hope in an idea, or a really strong wish that things get better- but hope in things not seen.
I came home from our all night election party (yes, we didn't sleep- sat and watched as state after state came in and then finally at 7 am Obama declared victory) I came in and searched for a book to read something about hope- something that could channel all the feelings I had towards my real redemption- and I came across this quote from Moltmann
"The resurrection hope makes people ready to live their lives in love wholly, and to say a full and entire Yes to a life that leads to death. It does not withdraw the human soul from the bodily, sensory life; it ensouls this life with unending joy. In expectation of the resurrection of the dead, the person who hopes casts away the soul's protective cloak in which the wounded heart has wrapped itself."
May I live outside of that protective cloak living in this world wrapped in the hope of His return (and trusting nothing else for my redemption!)

No comments: